District 202 and the Association of Plainfield Teachers are happy to announce that APT membership today ratified the tentative agreement presented to membership on October 25, 2017.
Fifty-eight percent of APT members approved the new agreement
The Board of Education is expected to vote on the tentative agreement at its November 6, 2017 regular meeting. Changes to the pay scale are retroactive to July 1, 2017. The new contract runs through June 30, 2022.
Additional contract details will be released after final ratification by the Board of Education.
The APT this year represents about 1,900 classroom teachers and other certified staff.
“This contract successfully addresses many of the needs of our membership including taking important steps to grow our staff with teachers who will make District 202 their destination,” said APT President Dawn Bullock.
“We appreciate the Board’s willingness to strengthen District 202’s commitment to our membership,” she said
“On behalf of the Board of Education, we thank the APT membership and its leaders for their dedication to the process of negotiations and to providing the best possible service to our students and families,” said District 202 Board of Education President Greg Nichols.
“District 202 has some of the best educators in the business and we value their hard work,” Nichols said.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NEW AGREEMENT:
- Is for five years (through June 30, 2022)
- Provides AVERAGE raises of
- Year 1 – 5.56%
- Year 2 – 3.25%
- Year 3 – 3.25% to 4.25% (floor to ceiling)
- Year 4 – 3.25% to 4.25% (floor to ceiling)
- Year 5 – 3.25% to 4.25% (floor to ceiling)
- Adds money to the salary schedule every year
- Includes expanded retirement incentive to reward longevity
- Maintains traditional “lane/step” salary structure
- Bases future increases to the base of the salary schedule on CPI
- Re-indexes salary schedule for greater equity throughout membership