Please join us for this weekend’s activities and events to defeat the outsourcing of our custodians.
Saturday March 12th -Canvassing
Gather at Plainfield Moose-Address; 16310 Lincoln Hwy-Route 30, suite 100-Plainfield, IL 60586
* 9am-coffee/donuts/briefing-We will have subway sandwiches, chips, and water for you to take with you. There will not be a lunch break back at the lodge.
* 9:30-Begin canvassing
* 3:30-Return to the Moose-debrief
We will supply you with a clip board, talking points-our unified message, maps of your neighborhood zone, campaign message tri-fold, car and window signs, red ribbon, and a limited number of yard signs.
The villages of Plainfield, Joliet, and Romeoville allow us to solicit door to door and speak with the residents. If residents are not home, then leave our campaign information on their door. The village of Bolingbrook, only allows leaving campaign information on the resident doors.
Sunday March 13th St. Patrick’s Day Parade
* Lineup begins at 11:00 in the Plainfield Central High School parking lot, and steps off at 1pm. Parade lineup is posted on the website (www.plainfieldirishparade.org<http://www.plainfieldirishparade.org>) on Friday, March 11th. Check the website if you are interested in where we will be placed in the lineup.
* Parade rules are, that all entries must have an Irish/St. Patrick’s Day theme. So wear your best St. Patty Day hats, scarfs, sunglasses, necklaces, buttons, etc. Along with our red t-shirts and buttons. We will be carrying our Banners in front of our supporters.
* Mike Kelly, former District 202 BOE President supports our campaign and has agreed to wear our button during the day of the parade. If you see Mike, please thank him.
* Senator Bertino-Tarrant will be walking in the parade, and will be wearing our buttons showing support. Please thank her as well.
* All entries must hand out candy. Please bring a bag of candy of your choice to distribute. Candy cannot be thrown, but must be handed out.
* We also will be handing out our tri-fold to adults in the audience, candy to the children.
* Feel free to bring your family and friends, everyone is welcome to participate.
Questions-Direct them to John Piechocinski or Ann Bachman-McIntosh
Region 39, 52 & 61 Associate
Illinois Education Association-NEA
1555 Bond St., Suite 121, Naperville IL 60563