To all interested members,
The opioid epidemic. Heroin addiction. Vaping. Dabbing. Legalized marijuana.Drugs are in the news a lot. And you know that drug abuse and addiction are serious problems affecting our community.But do you know what signs to watch for among your students?
Do you know what the trends are? What the real risks are? Or how to empower kids to resist peer pressure to engage in substance abuse?For cutting-edge information and practical strategies, please attend …
“Is Your Child at Risk for Drug Abuse and Addiction?
What You Need to Know About Marijuana, the Opioid Epidemic, and Substance Use and Abuse Issues”
Thursday, January 18 | Plainfield High School – Central Campus
This free, two-hour educational seminar features two leading experts on substance abuse and addiction among K-12 students:
- Justin Wolfe, LCPC, CADA, CRC, a clinical therapist with Linden Oaks Behavioral Health Adolescent Addiction Program
- Todd Fink, CADC, a behavioral health associate with Linden Oaks Behavioral Health Outpatient Program
- Warning signs of risky substance abuse, misuse and abuse
- Tips to empower children to resist peer pressure
- Ideas for helping parents and educators talk to kids about drugs
- Information about emerging trends like vaping, dabbing and OTC medicines
- Risks associated with prescription drugs
- And more
The event is sponsored by the Plainfield Parent Community Network, a volunteer network of parents, educators, and professionals, committed to creating resources and opportunities for mental health support and education in the community.As educators, we can play a vital role in supporting our students in avoiding substance abuse – and getting them help if needed.
Please see the attached flier for full details about the event. CEUs are available for counselors and social workers. The presentation will be available in English and Spanish.
PASS Executive Board
P.S. This event is free. Registration is NOT required. Please forward this email to any parents, educators, administrators, etc., who might be interested.