Open Enrollment Time!

Open enrollment begins Monday, October 23 and runs through Friday, November 3.  All benefit eligible employees MUST complete open enrollment.  If you have waived benefits or do not want to make changes, you still have to complete open enrollment.  If you are a recent new hire, you must also complete open enrollment.  If you participated in the biometric screenings (health evaluations), you will see the discounted rates in the Employee Portal when you complete your enrollment.


Please read below for some frequently asked questions.  If you have any other questions, please contact us at  You can also reach us by phone at 815-577-4063 (Dawn Bjorklund) or 815-577-4068 (Morissa Rostron).  If you need assistance completing open enrollment or you do not have access to a computer, we are available at the Administration Center to help you.


How do I enroll?

Login to the Employee Portal, and go to Benefits, then click on Benefits Enrollment. 


Who is benefit eligible?

All regular employees working six or more hours per day as well as permanent substitutes are benefit eligible.


What benefits can we enroll in or change during this annual open enrollment?

  • Medical, Dental and Vision
  • Optional Life Insurance and Voluntary AD&D
  • Health Care Flexible Spending (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending (DCA) – you need to actively enroll in Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA for the 2018 calendar year


Where can I view detailed information about the benefit plans offered?

Detailed benefits information can be found in the Employee Portal.  Please go to Benefits then click on Helpful Benefits Documents.  There you will be able to view documents about our plan offerings.


If I make changes during open enrollment, when are the changes effective?

Any changes made during our annual open enrollment are effective January 1, 2018.


Will I receive new ID cards?

You will only receive new ID cards if you change plans or enroll in a benefit for the first time.  If you are enrolled or enrolling for the first time in HMO Dental, you will not receive ID cards for this plan; your primary dentist will have your name on their “roster” at their office.  If you do not make any changes, please keep and continue to use your current ID cards.  If you have misplaced your ID cards, please contact


Will my Health Care Flexible Spending dollars rollover to 2018?

If you have $500 or less remaining in your Health Care FSA account as of December 31, your funds will automatically rollover to 2018.  If you elect new funds for 2018, you will not see your rollover funds available until April 15.  The reason for this – you can still submit 2017 claims through the runout period ending March 31, 2018.  Dependent Care FSA does not allow any rollover to the next year.


I forgot my password, what do I do?

If you do not have your password, you can request your password to be reset.  The password you use for the Employee Portal is the same password you use for email, logging into your computer and to view your paycheck.

  • Teachers and support staff in the buildings – please ask your building secretary
  • Custodians – please contact Sally Holmes at 815-439-4852 or
  • Grounds and Maintenance – please contact Regina Bonomo at 815-439-5483 or


When will enrollees in the HDHP with HSA receive the district’s contribution?

If you are a new participant to the HDHP, your contribution will be January 12, 2018.  If you are continuing participation in the HDHP in 2018, your first quarterly contribution will be January 12, 2018.