We have received communication from the district regarding a Statewide initiative to let our elected officials know they need to come to an agreement on a budget. All of the school districts in Illinois are backing this initiative. Following is a copy of the information sent out to all employees and parents in the district. We urge you to follow thru on the requests made in this email to let your representative know how you feel. As you can see we feel strongly enough about this to add the logo for the effort to our union website. Please take the time to contact your representative and let them know you expect them to work to resolve the impasse.
Your Executive Officers
A message from PLAINFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT 202
District 202 Families, Staff and Community,
District 202 is one of about 390 school districts statewide joining together to encourage the state Legislature and Governer Rauner to “Pass Illinois’ Budget.”
Illinois has not had a budget in nearly two years. We cannot wait any longer.
We call on the Illinois General Assembly and the Governor to:
- Immediately, and with bipartisan support, end the state budget impasse.
- Improve the state’s education funding formula and invest in students and schools, including higher education institutions, throughout the state.
- Pay school districts what they are owed this year.
We are supporting this initiative in several ways:
- Through information posted on our district and school web sites, including
- A special letter to District 202 families from Superintendent of Schools Dr. Lane Abrell
- A message on all school marquees
- Social media postings
However, as always, the best, most important step is for all of us to call our local legislators and the governor’s office and insist that they work together to pass a state budget. Click here for contact information for District 202-area elected officials, or here to find your representatives by your home address.
Thank you in advance for your support and help with this important initiative.