Lots of new information this week!
Please read the whole update (I know it’s long)!!!
NEW WORK HOURS FOR PARAPROFESSIONALS
Starting Tuesday, October 20th a new schedule for students will be implemented. With this change comes a change in work hours for our paraprofessionals. These hours are:
***Bonnie McBeth 8:00-3:00***
***Middle School and High School (Including PA) 7:30-2:30***
**This is subject to change once we get more students in the building.
The district is continuing to work on student schedules for those who choose to be in person and those who choose to continue remote learning. This has been a daunting task for our Curriculum & Instruction and Special Education Departments! Please keep in mind that as employees we work for District 202 and we are assigned to a building/program. This can change based on staffing needs throughout the district. These changes will be made by building administration recommendations. You will be notified by your building administration if a change in location/program is needed.
Campus monitors will continue to work the established 7.5 hour day as scheduled per building.
Board of Education
The Board of Education met Tuesday, October 13th and discussed the return to school. Please see the attached power point from the meeting outlining student return.
Our custodial staff, campus monitors, lunchroom supervisors and maintenance staff, along with building administration, have been very busy getting our buildings ready for the return of staff and students. They have been putting directional stickers on the floors for one-way hallways, setting up classrooms to be socially distant, cleaning and disinfecting touchpoints throughout the building, making sure univents are cleaned and new air filters installed, among many other things.
The first SIP day is Monday, Oct. 19th. Work hours for Paraprofessionals and Campus Monitors is 9am to 2 pm.
October 19th SIP Day
- Lunch Supervisors do not work
- Parapros that only work with kindergarten / PreK don’t work
- Paraprofessional & Campus Monitors hours are: 7 Hour Employees Work 5 hours (9AM-2PM) & 7.5 Hour Employees work 5 hrs 15 minutes (9AM – 2:15PM)
- The other categories of PASS work a regular work day.
- Parapros will monitor students during student hours via Google Classroom (NO ZOOM), especially ones that need assistance with asynchronous learning. They are expected to monitor the students they are responsible for in each class.
All staff and students are required to wear face masks. In the school setting, face coverings must be worn by everyone except children younger than 2 years old, people with physical or intellectual disabilities who are unable to remove a face covering without assistance, and on rare occasions, individuals with severe breathing problems.
N95 MASKS FOR NURSES AND CUSTODIANS
N95 masks will be offered to Nurses and Custodians only at this point. There will be a survey sent to both categories asking if they would like an N95 mask for work. If the answer is “yes” a time to be fit tested will be set up so the proper size mask is issued. After that is completed there will be a second survey sent to select special education paraprofessionals and special education teachers to determine if there is a need for N95 masks. The district will determine who is surveyed.
This applies to 12 month PASS members only:
If you were eligible to carry over extended vacation days into the 2020-2021 school year, please remember that you must use these days by December 1, 2020 or you will lose them.
FMLA/FFCRA PAPERWORK RESPONSES
As of today, 2290 (PASS and APT) have responded to the survey from A&P asking for return to work information.
- 80.1% have responded that they will be returning.
- 138 have requested medical paperwork
- 361 have requested childcare paperwork.
If you have submitted your paperwork, and you haven’t received a reply, please email Jennifer Orlos.
If you have responded to the survey, but have not gotten your paperwork in to Rebecca Sipes, that could delay your response.
Childcare paperwork needs to be submitted. Include all the information you can. The District Office realizes you may not know your children’s return dates and will accommodate you however they are able when/if that happens.
If you are requesting a medical FMLA, it is important the physician list specific restrictions District Office needs to consider when writing an ADA plan, not just “employee needs to work remote”. If DO doesn’t have the restrictions from your physician, that could also delay the ADA process.
District Office realizes that your needs may change at any time. The FMLA/FFCRA process is fluid. At any time you can pull your paperwork and end your usage of those days, freeze your paperwork or you can enact your paperwork and begin usage of those days. If there are any needs you may have that would prevent your return to work, you should err on the side of caution and fill out the paperwork. You can always change your mind.
2020-2021 NEA, IEA, REGION 61 and PASS ELECTIONS
Each year we elect delegates to attend the IEA Representative Assembly (RA), NEA RA, fill Region 61 positions and PASS officer positions. Due to our remote status, we will be holding these elections by mail this year.
IEA RA – Held at the Hyatt O’Hare from March 11-13
- PASS is able to bring 6 delegates to the IEA RA. At this point we do not have a decision if the March event will be held in person or virtually. As we get closer to the RA, that will be determined. If the decision regarding the RA is not what you believe is in your best interest, you will be able to remove yourself as a delegate, so please run if you are interested as we can NOT add anyone once the election is over.
- The elections process is outlined below.
- 10/19/20 – Nomination forms emailed to PASS school email
- 11/6/20 – Nomination forms due back via email to Stephanie Jerabek
- 11/13/20 – Ballots mailed out to PASS members to their address on file with IEA.
- Please update your address through IEA Connect on the IEA website. (www.ieanea.org)
- 12/4/20 – Ballots due back.
- Please use the prepaid envelope that will be included with the ballot.
- 12/11/20 – Ballots tallied
- Election results will be reported to the APT monthly meeting for approval and then shared with the membership.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to either me at email@example.com or Bill Favero at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Ed. Paraprofessional
23930 W. Lockport St.
Plainfield, IL 60544