- Friendly Reminder: Seeking interested members for 2019-20 IEA Committees
- Electronic applications are available on the IEA website until May 15.
o All applicants will be required to enter their Members Only login information.
o Any questions, please direct them to Courtney Gillespie
- Restorative Practices and Prosocial Skills Training: Interested in learning more about non-exclusionary student discipline? Register today for one or both of our summer training opportunities. On day one we will learn about restorative practices as a straightforward problem-solving framework that can be used as an alternative to exclusionary discipline. On day two we will learn about prosocial skills training as an intervention designed to promote prosocial behavior in adolescents using techniques to develop social skills, emotional control, and moral reasoning. All workshops will begin at 10 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. Lunch and clock hours will be available. Register for one or both trainings. Space is Limited! Register Today.
Trainings will be held at the following locations:
- June 11 & 12, Bloomington IEA Office
- June 25 & 26, Springfield IEA Professional Development Center
- The IEA Summer Book Study will begin on June 3. Our next book will be “The Restorative Practices Handbook for Teachers, Disciplinarians, and Administrators: Building a Culture of Community in Schools” by Bob Costello, Joshua Wachtel, and Ted Wachtel.
- How are school districts dealing with rising health insurance costs? – NCTQ District Trendline
- Teacher salaries in the US
- Teacher Weekly Wage Penalty